The first Haand Craft Beer Festival will be arranged on May 4 and 5, 2012, at the new HaandBryggeriet brewery, which opened up in Sundland, Drammen, in December 2011. The festival starts at 4 pm on Friday and at noon on Saturday, closing at 10 pm on both days.
Tickets are now available through billettservice.no for NOK 300,- plus tax, limited to only 400 tickets on Friday and 600 on Saturday. So be quick and order before they run out!
Which breweries will attend?Sadly, De struise Brouwers and Birrificio di Montegioco will not be able to come, so the list of attending breweries now looks like this:
- Picobrouwerij Alvinne (Belgium)
- Aass (Norway)
- Brouwerij De Molen (Netherlands)
- Bierbrouwerij Emelisse (Netherlands)
- HaandBryggeriet (Norway)
- Kinn Bryggeri (Norway)
- LoverBeer (Italy)
- Nynäshamn Ångbryggeri (Sweden)
- Närke Kulturbryggeri (Sweden)
- Nøgne Ø - Det kompromissløse bryggeri (Norway)
- Brasserie Artisanale de Rulles (Belgium)
How about food?To go with all the great beer, HaandBryggeriet has arranged for some pretty impressive pub grub:
- Sausage platter, with sausages made from deer, duck and wild boar.
- Home made rye bread with Akvavit marinated salmond in a mustard sauce.
- French fries in aioli.
- Cured deer meat in wraps, with a cream cheese from Den Blinde Ku.
- Cheese platter with three types of cheese from Eiker Gård, figs and spicy crackers.
- Home made chocolate truffles.
Should be something to fit most beer styles :)
How to get to the festival?Sundland is an area in Drammen located east of the Drammenselva river, about 1.5 km east of the railway station as the following Google Maps satellite view shows.
|Google Maps satellite view of the Sundland area in Drammen.|
"A" marks Strømsø Torg , "H" building H in Sundland Industripark.
If you come by car (which you shouldn't, unless driven there) it's possible to park by the entrance to Sundland Industripark at Skogliveien 4.
If you come by train, like most sane people will do, get off at Drammen railway station and either get a taxi at Strømsø torg or walk. If walking is an option: Follow Konnerudgata from Strømsø Torg for about 900 m to 2.Strøm Terrasse where you take right and follow that road for 300 m until you reach Skogliveien on the right hand side, which is the turn off to Sundland industrial park. HaandBryggeriet is located in building H, at the back of the industrial park.